Friday, September 11, 2009

Wow...it's only been....

Four months! Since I posted that is...Got slammed with over time at work, and then the axe fell...they actually laid 35 of us off! Saw it coming, didn't think she'd follow through, then got my notice. The stink of it is, my first day of unemployment was my freakin birthday lol! Thirty two years old, and unemployed for the first time since I started picking in the fields at age nine...So now I sit around and happily wait for my unemployment check to come in, not sure of which direction to take. On the one hand, having a break after so many years of work is kinda nice. I've been able to take on small catering jobs, walk the boy through his first weeks of junior high, and get more involved with friends, family, and the kids' school stuff. On the other hand, I get the feeling of uselessness that is so common among those not working by someone else's choice. I sleep...ALOT, so I know there's something in that. We lost our health insurance, that's a major pain. Gotta figure out where to cut now, and that's never a fun process. But, I'm pretty positive. When one door closes, a window opens, and I think that being laid off was my little clue that it's time to try something new. I would LOVE to get into this sonography program I found, I could handle being an ultrasound tech, and there's no 5-year wait list for the lottery to get in like City and FSU. So here I stand, in the middle of an intersection, not knowing which way to take, but enjoying the fact that at least I have options. Who knows, maybe I'll find my life's calling, and all thanks to a greedy politician that took no notice that her pawns are actually people with families and responsibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment